StereoTracer — Release Notes
StereoTracer 9.7 – April 2022
- Ability to increase the resolution when calculating the depth map based on a stereo pair. For that, advanced depth map generation parameters are enhanced with the Speed/Quality adjustment;
- Quality adjustment when saving a series of frames to the MP4 video format;
- Indication of numerical values of the generation parameters for the depth map;
- 2D+Depth preview export to a .MP4 video file.
- Automatic file naming when exporting images for Looking Glass Factory 3D displays is corrected to provide compatibility with HoloPlay Studio;
- Automatic file naming when saving images from the context menu.
- Re-rendering of frames when exporting to .MP4;
- Program crashes when processing two identical source frames.
StereoTracer 9.6 – July 2021
- Added support for the .heic file format. Photos taken by some modern smartphones in Portrait mode are stored in this format. Such files contain a 2D photo and a Depth map. You can make 3D out of them.
- The program crashes when executing the Save Frames.
StereoTracer 9.5 – June 2021
- New export 3D image format compatible with holographic Looking Glass displays;
- New export 3D image format for uploading to Facebook;
- Preview mode enabling to view 2D+Depth in the form of the 3D model.
StereoTracer 9.0.1 – April 2019
- 45-View Quilt for Looking Glass 3D Display image generation and export added;
- PSD image export updated (file size optimization);
- Parallaxes ranges exposed for frame generation (Parallax: [0..100], Zero Parallax Plane: [-512…255]);
- Batch conversion memory leak problem solved;
- JPG image export problems fixed;
- Auto file naming when exporting;
- Fix saving license information in txt file from About box;
- Open target folder option added after exporting or generating frames as files;
- Folder creation for target path when exporting files;
- Activation code reading in Activation window.
StereoTracer 8.2 – September 2018
- New availability to export conversion results into an .MP4 file, which allows you to upload the final media to YouTube or Facebook right away!
- Project wizard changes: the Auto align and Auto parallax buttons of the Matching of images dialog are changed to checkboxes, which allows you to estimate the state of the option more easily;
- The auto alignment option is now more stable;
- Project wizard changes: the Segmentation option has been added to the main (Select depth map) dialog.
- Export to different file formats;
- Setting a thirds-party editor.
StereoTracer 8.0 – December 2017
- Automatic frame number calculation mode;
- Maximum number of generated frames increased up to 1024;
- Frame generation mode enabling to save to files on a hard drive;
- Maximum parallax value available for rendering increased up to 50%;
- Batch processing mode – stereo pair generation out of 2D+Depth;
- Compression level adjustment when saving to JPG;
- On-line activation system;
- New software logo.
StereoTracer 7.1 – September 2014
- Depth map import from images shot with the help of Google Camera in the Lens Blur mode;
- Images with the size of 480×480 pixels can be exported without logos even in the demo mode (however, depth maps are always exported with logos);
- Warning message in the Export dialog informing that logos will be added.
StereoTracer 7.0 – May 2013
- Windows 8 compatibility;
- Accelerated auto-alignment algorithm.
- Auto-alignment error.
StereoTracer 6.0 – July 2012
- Compatibility with 64-bit systems;
- Preview for autostereoscopic Dimenco displays;
- Batch mode for stereo pair conversion to 2DZ;
- Batch mode for 2DZ conversion to GIF-animation;
- Accelerated auto-alignment function;
- Problem with 32-bit image processing was solved.
- New MPOs in the graphics set.
StereoTracer 5.0 – April 2011
- Frame series generation using both images of the stereo pair. Now depth maps are generated for both images of the stereo pair, which has considerably improved the quality of frame series;
- Auto-alignment of the stereo-pair images;
- 2D+Depth-format save option. The source image is saved together with the depth map to a .jpeg file;
- Saving to a .j3s format used in the Dimenco 3D photo frame;
- Default settings for quick frame series generation out of a stereo pair;
- Ability to swap left and right images in the Matching of images dialog.
- Depth map generation algorithm;
- Accuracy and speed of the automatic parallax evaluation algorithm.
- project saving.
StereoTracer 4.5 – August 2010
- Fuji .MPO file support; MPO (Multi-Picture Object) format support used in the Fuji FinePix REAL 3D W1 camera. An MPO file contains 2 images: left and right ones. StereoTracer extracts a stereo pair out of an MPO file and allows to quickly create multiview frame series for making 3D lenticular images;
- Ability to edit depth maps in a third-party editor. If you need to edit a depth map image, you can use rich functionality of any graphics editor;
- Accelerated “Fast” and “Precise” generation methods. The algorithms are optimized for multiprocessor computers.