Triaxes Legend — Release Notes
Legend 10.7.3 – August 2022
- Bug in setting the parameters of the crop frame when using the inches units.
Legend 10.7.1 – July 2022
- Copy / paste layer via the clipboard.
- Opening jpg files in some cases caused the program to crash.
Legend 10.6.3 – February 2022
- Quality control for the video export to MP4 format.
- Increased Font size of the pitch value in the pitch test.
- Additional image export quilt formats for Looking Glass Factory 3D displays.
- Depth map generation for layers with RGB images (for example, added from .jpg files).
- Saving of frameshift and encoding settings in *.mtp projects.
- Order of layers after opening a .psdd template saved from 3D Live Vue. The position of layers now corresponds to the position on the Depth scale.
- Automatic file name formation when exporting images for Looking Glass Factory displays is corrected to provide compatibility with HoloPlay Studio.
Legend 10.5 – October 2020
- Updated project format .MTP. Now project’s layers are saved in a .PSDD file. This increases the reliability of project storage, and makes possible to copy and use the layers file separately from the project.
- Error while saving the project in .MTP: resaving does not save modified layers and frames;
- In the Pitch Test dialog, the values in inches change to mm when changing the Mode;
- The Set Visible On All Layers button switches generation to Auto N in the Multiview generation dialog;
- Lenticular tab: the specified picture size is reset to the Crop rect size after each encoding (interlacing);
- Layers from .PSD files were added to position 100. Now they are added to the mid-position (0);
- Error: if the Background parallax value is 0, then the Foreground parallax is applied incorrectly to the layer depth map;
- Problem with the “transparency” of the layer after editing in an external editor;
- The problem with saving layers in the .MTP project (when there are no images in the frames list);
- Error in saving the values of the depth map factor in the .MTP project.
- Error in generating the positioning frame.
Legend 10.3.1 – August 2020
- Crash on Generating Positioning Frame.
Legend 10.3 – August 2020
- Improved text readability in some controls when using the gray interface scheme.
- Incorrect picture size on the Lenticular tab when starting new projects;
- Problem saving / opening a large PSDD (more than 2 GB);
- The loss and change of the layers’ names when recording/reading PSDD;
- Error – the parallax values of the foreground and background are swapped when applied to the layer’s depth map;
- When resizing the Navigator panel, controls are not redrawn.
- New layers are now added to position 0 in depth.
Legend 10.2 – June 2020
- Crashing in the “Layer to image size” function;
- Crashing when generating frames based on the layers with automatically generated depth map;
Legend 10.1 – June 2020
- “Layer to image size” function added to the context menu of the layer;
- “Auto resize layer to image size” function added to the Settings dialog.
These functions allow you to make editing of layers and depth maps in external editors more stable and predictable. This is especially important when working with an external Adobe Photoshop editor and depth maps that are larger than the layer size.
- Automatic depth map scaling was removed. Previous versions of the program, when connecting to a depth map layer, reduced the depth map size to the layer size. This could lead to distortion of the depth map and difficult-to-detect errors;
- Support for the depth map larger than the layer image was added. If an image and a depth map are loaded as layers in the project, the depth map can be connected to the layer based on their relative location.
- .mp4 export error, if there were spaces in the path;
- Legend: error with the lenticular encoding when mirroring was on;
- Legend: error with the name of the encoded lenticular file.
Legend 10 – April 2020
- New tool – Parallax measurer or Parallaxometer – allows you to accurately measure the parallax and predict 3D effect of the printed 3D image;
- Extended number of processed frames for all software editions. For 3DMasterKit 10 Pro: max N=512, max Lenticular LPI=600, max Resolution 9600 PPI.
- New ability to edit as layer’s image, as their depth maps in an external editor;
- New ability to choose different color schemes of the user interface. The new dark theme of the interface allows you to focus on the image and reduce fatigue;
- Toolbar icons can be enlarged. Now the software is compatible with high-definition displays;
- The Pitch Test dialog can be opened without adding images to the project;
- New image export format for the Looking Glass holographic displays;
- New example and video tutorial on 2D-to-3D image conversion.
- Drag’n’drop or double click to open .psdd files.
- Encoding has sped up by 25%;
- Better encoding/saving of large-format images (more than 4 Gb);
- Improved computational model used to apply depth maps to layers. 3D rendering results have become more predictable. That simplifies 2D-to-3D conversion.
- A big list of bugs (more than 30) and drawbacks;
- Reading of jpg files taken with new cameras;
- Software crashes when opening the Pitch Test dialog.
Legend 3.3 – September 2018
- tuning frame generation.
Legend 3.2 – July 2018
- ability to save series of frames as video in the MP4 format with a specified framerate and number of playback circles (Image export dialog was updated). You can use this feature to create “Wiggle 3D” photos for Facebook, etc.;
- JPG, TIFF file support in the CMYK color model when importing/exporting frames;
- the lenticular can be generated to a BigTIFF (.tif) file in the CMYK mode;
- updated 3DMasterKit 9.2 and Legend 3.2. User Guides.
- working with a .psdd layered template and transparency (ACMYK) in the CMYK color model;
- interface bug of the Image export dialog;
- CMYK generation in the demo mode: program crush or file missing;
- PSD file opening problem in the saved project;
- problem with Alignment marks saving (frame width) in the manual mode when changing the frame for the first time and closing the dialog.
Legend 3.1.1 – December 2017
- Decimal values (3 figures) support for the print resolution (PPI) when the lenticular is generated: edit boxes are extended;
- Decimal values support for the print resolution (PPI) when the pitch-test is generated;
- Decimal values support for the print resolution (PPI) when the positioning frame is generated;
- File naming for exporting is updated.
- Absent layers when generating frames out of a multilayer template;
- Visual flaws when a depth map for layers is generated (when histogram correction is applied).
Legend 188.8.131.52 – July 2017
- When a multi-view frame series is generated the automatic mode of frame number calculation allows to get a better 3D effect.
- Picture layout: alignment marks with advanced settings, dynamic centering marks, crop marks.
- Alignment marks generation modes: 3D, Flip, Custom.
- Dynamic marks defining the correct lens matching.
- Crop marks.
- Pitch-test generation into a PSB file.
- Play/Stop frame animation with Space-bar.
- Ability to lock the Crop Rect aspect ratio;
- Move instrument for the relative shift of the source frames;
- Ability to change the measurement system (metric or US customary system).
- New online activation system. Now it is even easier to use the software.
- Transparent background support for the positioning frame and frame line color switch.
- Positioning frame can be saved to a PSB file.
- additional check of the valid values (min./max.) for some numeric fields
- saving templates into a PSDD file
- interface elements in the Pitch test dialog
- Russian words in the generated pitch-test.
- Interface fixes:
– Lenticular tab – drop-down list with resolution and lpi values,
– spin-arrows for numeric fields are added,
– mouse cursor changes in different modes (move, rotate, scale) for 64-bit versions, etc.
– Positioning frame dialog – drop-down lists for resolution and lpi.
- progress bar support (in Win 7)
Legend 2.2 – November 2013
- Pitch test dialog displays information on the size of the generated image.
- Default file name format is changed.
- Allowed LPI value range is extended (0.1 – 300).
- Pitch-test dialog, Crop Rect dialog and Positioning Frame dialog bugs.
- Scaling instrument (scroll boxes are not reset to the middle of the scroll bar).
- File resolution saved “from the screen”.
Legend 2.0 – July 2013
- Compatibility with Windows 8.
- Transparency support for the source frames is updated.
- Enhanced auto-alignment algorithm.